Our gait (walk), along with the capability to balance, helps us maintain an upright position. Together, the two are critical components in fall prevention, as they help us right ourselves.
Elements of balance include the visual system (eyes and head), vestibular system (inner ear), and somatosensory (skin, muscles, nerves, and joints).
Our training techniques will work to improve the foundation of your child’s balance and gait.
At Therapy in Motion, we help:
- Teaching stepping patterns
- Increasing core stability and control
- Expand the visual field
- Bring feet closer together
In working with us, kids:
- Improve balance and coordination
- Decrease their fall risk
- Are able to navigate both inside and outside
- Build playground skills